Water Softeners & Water Systems – Edmonton
Independent is proud to offer our customers the very best in whole home water systems and office water systems in Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Edmonton has hard water. The nuisance minerals dissolved in hard water naturally adhere to the surfaces in our homes leaving behind a film of scale that is hard to clean and has a number of other problems associated with it. In addition, chloramine and chlorine are added to our municipal water supply to keep us safe. But chemicals taste bad and do not enhance our health.
The good news is, it is EASY to improve your water!
Top Five Reasons to Perfect Your Water
- A Drinking water system provides the best tasting water available, far superior to bottled water and water delivery for a number of reasons. First, because pure water on demand is not stored in plastic, it does not leach and taste like plastic over time. Pure water on tap is more convenient because you will never run out and never limit yourself in terms of preparing food with purified water. There are no heavy bottles to lift or small bottles to dispose of. And the best part is because pure water tastes amazing, you will drink more of it and stay better hydrated which enhances your health!
- Soft water makes your home far easier to clean as there is no scale film to remove from shower walls and glass. Eliminating scale deposits means you do not need to use harsh chemicals or physical effort to clean surfaces either. We guarantee it!
- Appliance Longevity. Eliminating the water hardness with a water softener protects appliances like dishwashers and hot water tanks from premature failure and reduces the maintenance costs on your home’s plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Savings! You will find with a water conditioner that you will reduce the amount of soap and detergent you use as soft water lathers up with a fraction of the soap, shampoo, and detergents currently used – even cold water laundering is possible with a water softener saving you money on electricity. And hot water tanks perform more efficiently as well as scale deposits will not insulate the water from the heat source.
- Luxurious bathing is an experience you will appreciate. Many customers comment on the difference that soft water makes to their bathing routine. Soft water is a real treat especially in our dry climate where skin and hair can be further affected by the harsh effects of hard water bathing.
If you live in Edmonton or surrounding areas and are on municipal water, call us today for a free water assessment and water test. We will assess your needs and explain how a water a system could be easily incorporated into your home or office.
We have a number of options that we can offer you depending on your needs and budget. We would be happy to explain your options and go over the details of where the unit would be installed and how easy they are to operate.
Once your water system is chosen, we will receive all necessary components for installation. Once received, the install is booked usually taking about half a day. Our in-house qualified tradespeople are familiar with the equipment and will program the systems and walk you through their operation.
Our products carry great manufacturer’s warranties and installation is also guaranteed. If financing is required, we can accommodate that as well.
A Trusted Name in Edmonton
Independent Pure Water is part of the Independent Group of Companies which has proudly served the Edmonton area for over 20 years.
It’s simple. Edmonton’s water is very hard and hard water is hard on your home. Municipal water supplies also contain chlorine, disinfectants and contaminants that can be unpleasant to drink.
For over 80 years, Ecowater has led the industry in producing state-of-the-art water purification equipment.
In an unregulated water products market, it is important to know that you are protected. Ecowater equipment, components and filters are produced in North America and meet all available NSF, WQA and CSA certifications.
An Ecowater Whole Home system not only provides the purest possible water for drinking right on tap but it also delivers pristine and soft water to your entire home. Rather than rent a system from a company like Culligan Edmonton, it is possible to own your own systems with superior results and cost savings or convenience over time.
Problems associated with Edmonton’s water
- Poor taste at certain times of the year
- Increased energy used for hot water heating
- Hard water scale on tub and shower surrounds
- Hard water is abrasive and can leave your hair dull and your skin dry, itchy and irritated
Consider the Benefits of an Ecowater System
- Better-than-bottled. Premium drinking water on tap
- No bottles to lift or replace, no filter pitchers to fill
- Eliminate scale on fixtures, countertops, baths and showers
- Save on detergents and cleaning products, soaps and shampoo
- Save on hot water heating
- Extend the life of appliances
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the water quality in Edmonton? Is Edmonton’s water safe?
The safety of any municipal water supply is determined by biological and chemical factors.
Safety means that biological risk factors which could cause water-borne illness from virus, bacteria, and parasites, are eliminated by treating the water with disinfectants like chlorine or chloramines. In terms of chemical safety, Edmonton monitors both naturally occurring chemicals and chemicals that leach into our water supply like road salt. In older Edmonton neighborhoods with lead supply lines, the city also helps people manage that risk by alerting residents. Managing these safety standards means that we must accept the risks associated with the chemical disinfectants cities must use.
Are chlorine or chloramines safe to drink?
Chlorinating the water supply is necessary for our safety. But the long-term health effects of ingesting these chemicals is not well studied. Concerns usually focus on whether or not disinfectants are carcinogenic and if they affect gut flora. It is up to consumers to decide if they might benefit by removing these chemicals. We believe that filtration is convenient, cost-effective and makes water more enjoyable to drink.
We live in Edmonton and our home has a lead supply line. Can your systems eliminate lead, chlorine, and chloramines?
Yes. Both of our reverse osmosis systems and our water distillers will remove lead, chlorine, and chloramines.
Do your systems protect from virus and bacteria in case the city issues a boil water ban?
Yes. Both distillers and reverse osmosis systems will remove virus, bacteria, and parasites.
Is filtering water environmentally responsible?
Compared with purchasing bottled water or having water delivered our systems are far more environmentally responsible. Some cities like San Francisco have banned bottled water for this reason.
Do your systems have coolers? Can they replace bottle water delivery?
Yes, we have a variety of solutions available for home and office purposes. Call us today to discuss your options.
What is the difference between a water softener, a water conditioner, and a water refiner?
A water softener makes hard water soft. Conditioners and refiners in addition to softening the water may deal with other contaminants like chlorine and other chemicals as well. It is useful to understand the equipment you are buying and how they compare to other solutions.
Do your products have certifications?
Yes. Our products meet all available WQA, NSF and CSA certifications.
Do you offer alkaline water products?
All of the products that we offer are science and evidence-based solutions. We do not feel that Alkaline water products meet these criteria.
Do you repair water softeners?
We have access to and can supply parts for a variety of water equipment manufacturers including Whirlpool, Kenmore, Culligan, Kinetico, and others. We tend to only service units we have ourselves installed with some exceptions. Call for details.
Do fridge filters remove salt?
No. Only reverse osmosis systems and water distillers can remove residual softener salt and road salt.
At Independent, our mission is: To enhance your health, home, and office by providing effective, easy to use water systems. Improving the quality of your water shouldn’t be a complicated task. We make it easy. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tell Us About Your Project
We work with you to assess your options that make the most sense for your future plans and project budget. We’ll help you determine not only the best products and finishes but work with you to plan your whole space.
If you are interested in discussing a project with Independent Bath, you can contact us using the contact form below, or you can call us or visit our showroom.